City of North Myrtle Beach Ordinance reads:
Section 5-5. Surfboards
- It shall be unlawful for any person to ride a surfboard or skimboard on the public beach or any waters adjacent thereto, between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm during the period from May fifteenth to September fifteenth, except in the following designated areas:
- Beginning at Hog Inlet and ending at 5th Avenue North with the exception of 300 feet on either side (i.e., north side and south side) of the Cherry Grove Pier.
- Beginning at 6th Avenue South and ending at 27th Avenue South.
- Beginning at the Town of Atlantic Beach southern limit and ending at 46th Avenue South.
- It shall be unlawful to surf within 300 feet of any pier.
- All surfers shall be required to wear a surfing leash at all times.
North Myrtle Beach Surf Zones interactive map
(Code 1970, § 6-5; Ordinance of 4-20-82; Ordinance Number 88-33, 10-4-88; Ordinance Number 90-18, § 1, 6-4-90; Ordinance Number 04-13, 4-19-04)